Adobe Photoshop CS4 questions

Reaction score
I can't find the "bucket tool" which toolbar is it in?

When i use the ellsipe tool i cant fill it with a color how do i do that? What toolbars and ya?

Also im trying to make userbars like the attachment which i made through a website and im trying to make them on photoshop so what fonts will need and how do i add them on picture?

720waiterbeta.png

Reaction score
The bucket tool is part of the gradient tool (should be the side toolbar), just right click the gradient tool and select the bucket. You should be able to fill in the ellipse with the paint bucket or any drawing tool. Just click the object, it will ask if you want to rasterize the object say yes, and then you should be able to use any of the drawing tools. To add text to images use the text tool, the one that says "T", drag out a box and then you can add your text. The top toolbar allows you to change the text; I'm not sure what font that is, but if nothing looks similar in your text book you can download more. Just pay attention to where your layer is located so you know what is on top. Hope this helps.

More fonts:
Download free fonts @ fontspace.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
you don't relly need to use the paint bucket to fill in selections, to fill in a selection just press cmd+backspace or alt+backspace depending on wether you want to fill in with your foreground/background color

ok I now realized you weren't talking about filling in selections, but still, might be useful for you :)

for a reflection,
copy your ellipse layer, drag it below so that you have 2 above each other, select the bottom one, add a mask to it (little icon in the bottom of the layers palette - rectangle with a circle in it), then select the gradient tool and click on the mask, now just drag the gradient tool across the mask of the bottom ellipse

Reaction score
cs4 selection tool question

in previous versions of photoshop I have been able to make a selection and hit the delete key to remove a section of an image now it doesn't work. what's up ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
^ Hit backspace.

They must've changed it due to the new BT keyboard not really having a Delete key (fn+backspace would be too tedious). :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.