Airport Funk

Reaction score
Hey all

So i'm not what you'd call a computer guru, and i've been having a problem recently with connecting to my home network. I have narrowed it down to be my computers fault, seeing as everyone else in the home can connect.

Problem: My home network appears on the airport scan, and shows full bars as if connected. My safari however, will not connect. The browser brings up a page that says i am not connected to the internet, and offers a link to my Network Diagnostics. I have run the Network diagnostics several times with no luck.

My only recent change is that i also am frequently on a different network at my university. It doesn't seem likely to me, but possibly that has something to do with it

Any help is appreciated

Cheers

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Assuming you're trying to connect wireless, have you got security turned on in your home network? WEP, WPA, WPA2? If you do, make sure you're using the correct password, or phrase to get on the network. Check that in your Airport settings.

It's also possible that while you were on your university network some settings were changed. Again, you need to check all your Airport settings.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.