A few Questions

Reaction score
Hi, I was thinking about putting Windows XP on my MacBook, but I have a few questions first.

First of all, how many GB is windows going to take up on my computer? I was thinking about partitioning only 10gb for windows. I will not be saving that much to windows, mostly Microsoft office.

What about viruses? Do i need to run an Antivirus software like Norton. I will be needing to get on the internet while in Windows.

Thats all I can think about at the moment, Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacOS Sonoma
1. 10 GB may seem to be enough but it will soon disappear. Try 30 GB.

2. Yes, you must have an Antivirus product installed if you EVER go on the internet. Try the free AVG product. Also, get an anti malware product such as Windows Defender from MS website.

Reaction score
I agree. 10GB is too small though. Try something bigger but less than 32 Gb. If you choose an amount less than 32GB, you can have two window format choices. FAT32/NTFS. FAT32 can let you drap and drop files from windows side to the Mac side when you are in Mac ISX. IF you use partition greater than 32GB, you can only use NTFS format. IN NTFS is only a drag. it means that when you are running from the mac side, you can only see what's on window but can't add, remove, or change any files. Of course, when you are using window in Mac, the window virus can affect you for the window part. The mac part is unaffected.

Reaction score
johnmcleanh is on a distinguished road

Vista Ultimate 64 bit will not start up
I have a problem with my Vista running on my Mac Pro workstation. I have been using Windows OK then I shut down the workstation and when I rebooted and held down the Option key to beable to choose Windows it automatically booted to the Mac side? Is there a workaround to get around this problem?

Johnmcleanh

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.