PDA

View Full Version : Copy and Paste images

Extra Terrestri
02-12-2005, 07:27 AM
I'm doing some AS Level Geography coursework now, since it is half-term for the schools in the UK. I came across a website called 'multimap' and was wondering how I can copy an image of the map and paste it onto AppleWorks word document?

I tried 'select all' and Apple+C button, but it wouldn't work, only copying the text. Could someone help me with this problem please?

The website is here if you need to test it:

Multi-Map (http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&GridE=1.05450&GridN=52.24100&lon=1.05450&lat=52.24100&db=freegaz&cidr_client=none&lang=&place=Suffolk,Admin+Area&pc=&advanced=&client=public&addr2=&quicksearch=Suffolk&addr3=&scale=1000000&addr1=)

Cheers.

Extra Terrestri
02-12-2005, 07:39 AM
Oh, and could you tell me how to 'crop' or scale down a picture once you have put it on the word document. Is there an icon to do this or do you have to do it yourself?

Plus, when I save a picture, it saves in a Safari icon form. How do I view a picture in the'pictures' folder without getting on the internet to view it?

Sorry about these questions, I'm absolutely useless when it comes to PCs/Mac.

Thanks.

02-12-2005, 07:57 AM
try holding down, shift-apple-4 drawa box around the image, it will create a pdf file on your desktop, then export that to a jpeg.

ApplejustWorks
02-12-2005, 08:37 AM
alright..This is a mac, therefore there are no pointless steps required...get ready:

Click on the map, drag to desktop

:-O

Danster
02-12-2005, 01:51 PM
alright..This is a mac, therefore there are no pointless steps required...get ready:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Very Good 50 points to you ;)

brendan67
02-12-2005, 02:10 PM

yeh got to give you that one sarcastic, but funny never the less

witeshark
02-12-2005, 05:52 PM
I copy images on websites with control + mouse click. Opens a menu to choose the save method

Extra Terrestri
02-13-2005, 02:47 PM
Nice one Guys!

My coursework is probably the best presented piece in years, thanks to the wonderful AppleWorks. Could I ask you people one more question please? I find you a very helpful bunch:

How do you put a internet related image on the desktop?

It is from:

www.ffonline.com/ff7/wallpaper.htm

Cheers!