Time Capsule undetected

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook: 2.4GHz, 250 GB HD, 4 GB RAM iPod:6th Gen, Silver 80GB:Canon Powershot SD1100 IS
So I decided to purchase the 500GB Time Capsule so I could have peace of mind about all my files.
I have a Macbook I got about a year ago.
I have the latest versions of both Airport Utility (installed CD which came with Time Capsule) as well as OS X.

I went through the setup only to have Airport Utility 'unable to detect wireless device'
The light is amber and glowing.

I am not try to establish a new wireless network but simply work off of an existing one in my apt.
I am most cerainly connected to the internet via Aiport but Airport Utility can't recognize Time Capsule!!
I went through the installation process the first time and again indicated I was not trying to create a new wireless network.

All I want to do is sync my MacBook with Time Capsule every day via my established wifi.

Any light you can shed is appreciated as $300 is alot of $ for this not to work..I'm fairly sure I followed the installation guide precisely

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I believe you need to setup your Time Capsule as a new connection. Make sure you have a backup of everything before doing so.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.