Keyboard Recommendations

Reaction score
Hello,

Long story short- I've been dying to get back to playing the piano for a few years and I'm finally in a place where I can devote my time and a little bit of money to this particular hobby, but the landscape seems to have changed quite a bite since I've been gone.

To give you an idea, my last digital piano was basically an digital baby grand, huge, decent sound, maybe 60-ish or so different digital 'instruments' or piano samples I could change between, and this was before the day when you could interface a digital piano to your home PC.

I'm looking for a quality instrument, but I have no idea which manufacturers are good any more. I hear good things about Korg- is this still valid? Also, I hear that Casio and Yamaha are bad for Mac compatibility.

To give you an idea of how it will be used, I'll mostly use it as a stand-alone instrument, so good sound quality and good touch are most important. by touch I mean weighted keys, I want this thing to feel like a real piano, not like my old digital. I dabble in some amateur video production, however, using FC Express, and there are times when it would be nice to compose my own musical tracks, so something that has good compatility with Mac wouuld be great. Also, I'm dealing with some space limitations, so something with a fold-out stand would be great.

For price range, I'd really like to stay within $1000-$1500, if at all possible, though I do have some wiggle room. Also, full-size keyboards only, please.

Also, if you can point me to a trustworthy website or other resource where I could read up on more recent products, that would be great as well- a nudge in the right direction might be easier than recommending an exact model.

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.