• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

So Gates really does miss running Microsoft...

OP
Andy348
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1 Ghz 4GB RAM 120GB HDD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, BB 8130
Oh come on - the devil of PCs decides to scare the living mess out of a crowd in a conference and no replies?

Hes clearly gone of his rocker... and nothing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Actually I thought that was funny. I'm sure it grabbed the audiences attention too, which is the real point.

I'm no Gates fan, but that was a good one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to own
I have to agree. He set out to make a point and he did. I actually admire him for this, he thought outside of the box for the first time in his life.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM
They were Malaria free so it's all peachy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
All the Bill bashing going on here is kinda sad.

I love Apple, but the guy has definitely done more for the world than Jobs has.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
All the Bill bashing going on here is kinda sad.

I love Apple, but the guy has definitely done more for the world than Jobs has.

Jobs seems to lead a very private life outside of his companies, so you can't say that definitively.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
Jobs seems to lead a very private life outside of his companies, so you can't say that definitively.

I would be more than confident stating it as fact. I know Jobs is a private guy, but I sincerely doubt he's dumping the kind of time and money that Gates is to help the less fortunate.

Will this change as he takes a less active role at Apple? I don't know.

Do I honestly think he's as committed to helping out those in 3rd world countries that need help as Gates? Not unless they have the potential to become an iPhone market.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Yeah, I think all the Gates bashing needs toend now that he's not even with the company any more. Let's just move on to Balmer. Some of his wacky behavior is begging to be ripped on!
"DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS!!!!!!"

Ok, one more from Stpephen Colbert last night:
"Gates claimed none of the mosquitoes had malaria. But come on, this is Microsoft. There's gotta be a virus in there somewhere!"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM
Ok, one more from Stpephen Colbert last night:
"Gates claimed none of the mosquitoes had malaria. But come on, this is Microsoft. There's gotta be a virus in there somewhere!"

hahaha that's good :p.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I don't believe Jobs was ever considered one of the richest people in the world.

Bill Gate's success with Microsoft allowed him to do a ton of philanthropy work with his personal funds and his company funds.

Plus with some of the reports of Apple employees of being screamed at by Jobs, I don't think that his interest would be the same as Gates.

I, of course, don't personally know either of these people but from just watching their demeanor, body language, speeches, etc...

I mean, compare Bush to Obama with their speeches and appearances. Or Bret Michaels to Mark Hoppus. Or Valentino Rossi to Nicky Hayden.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.