• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

AVI conversion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.53ghz MBP
I have been trying to convert my online movies from AVI to MP4 but i am using MPEG streamclip and it seems like each movie is taking at least an hour i was wondering if there was a faster way to convert them. if this question has been answered in a previous thread im sorry but i couldnt find the answer. I dont know if this helps but i want to put the movies on DVD-Rs so i can play them on a blu ray player. I am also big noob when it comes to this so i would need step by step directions if any one is willing to do this it would be greatly appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 10.4.8, G4 "Graphite" 10.4.8
I've been using iSquint and it worked out quite well for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Mac Mini, 2 Classic Ipod's, and an old Imac
isquint and Visualhub are both very good programs. If I am correct, if you have a g5 or newer, it will convert much faster. Anything older will convert in about real time. (Length of the movie)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 10.4.8, G4 "Graphite" 10.4.8
isquint and Visualhub are both very good programs. If I am correct, if you have a g5 or newer, it will convert much faster. Anything older will convert in about real time. (Length of the movie)

Yeah, this is true. I have a MBP and it flies through files.

OP
MGufman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.53ghz MBP
i tryed to use Isquint but an error message comes up that says

Picture 1.png

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
So, what did you try with it, an avi file or a video_ts folder?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.