G4 Gigabit without rely on ADC monitor

Reaction score
I have an issue with my G4 Gigabit and ADC monitor. This specific model required an ADC monitor to allow me power up my computer. Without ADC monitor, the G4 tower still show light on, but can't allow me to turn it on. How can I configure it?

Let's make long story short. I did upgrade my G4 Gigabit to 768mb ram with 1.6 dual CPU and Radeon 128MB video card. The Radeon 128mb video card have DVI and ADC output. I have 17" CRT ADC monitor and 20" Apple Cinema Display using DVI. It was pain in neck that 17' CRT ADC monitor already dead, but power on is still working. I have placed 17" CRT under my desk and use 20" on my desk. I have been using this way for long time until my G4 died on me. I did replaced power supply (338W) and motherboard then it works, but no screen on monitor. I assume the video card is no good, too. I did research and found that GeForce 6200 will work with 2x AGP as claim by seller. I did purchase it, but I got worry about turning on my G4 without ADC. Good enough, it still won't allow me to turn it on with Apple DVI monitor only.

However, someone in different forums did claim that G4 Gigabit can power up without using ADC monitor to turn it on. If it's true, then let me know how can I do that?

Many thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.