• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

$20 bill adds some color

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Source: dealmac.com

$20 bill adds some color

2:35 pm ET, Sep 9, 2003

Beginning October 9, the $20 bill will be getting more colorful , reports CNN Money. Peach and blue will be added to the standard green to make it more difficult to counterfeit. The last bill to predominantly feature a color other than green was the 1905 $20 Gold Certificate , which was tinted gold.

My Notes: Wow awesome! What do you guys think of it? I have traveled quite extensively and most other countries have beautiful money, and now our can finally have a bit of flare! :) Now if they would change the sizes of the different notes so that they can be used more easily by the blind..

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I like the 1905 $20 Gold Certificate. The new bill will take some getting use to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
I've read about that a long time ago, i agree with you Murlyn, I think our money is very dull, hopefully they change more than just the $20 bill.

sKaD

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you read further on down in that article it states that they are going to do the rest of the bills.. I can't wait.. we still will not have the beauty of some other currency.. like tahiti for instance, but at least there will be a little more color in our lives :)

N

nko

Beautiful currency would be nice, but I'll be overjoyed when new bills come out. I work at the register at Wendy's, and it'd be one less thing to think about if bills were color coded. One of those problems you don't think of as being a problem until you hear about a solution.

Kinda like using Windows, and hearing about a Mac :)

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Taking that one step further.. and what I kind of touched upon in the original post.. it would be nice to have different sized notes.. so for instance the $50 would be larger than the $20 note and the $20 would be larger than the $10 and so forth.. maybe not even larger in length, but in height.. just change up the sizes.. this helps us, but it also helps blind people from getting ripped off.. as it stands right now.. blind people can not use our money effectively since they can not tell which denomination is which.. they have to rely on someone else to tell them.. or rip them off.

The government requires all government websites and school websites to be accessible by people with disabilities, yet our own form of currency is not disability friendly.. it's a strange country we live in :)

N

nko

Definitely. Anyone have any idea why we haven't done different sized bills, or at least different looking bills?

Come to think of it, I've seen a lot of foreign currency, but I don't think I've ever seen British currency. What's that look like?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I thought each of the bills (1, 5, 10, etc.) were a differnet thickness, so that blind people could tell the difference.

I know the longer you work with money you can feel the difference in a counterfeit and the original bill.

I assume most have seem the Daredevil movie. It was interesting how he had his money, separated into different boxes. And he placed them into his wallet, he folded each a different way.

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well there is no doubt that blind people in America are doing things like that to help them know which bill is which, but when the actual size of the denominations are different.. it makes it so much easier.. Im not sure about the thickness though.. I've never heard that one before.. it's possible...

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Size would make it easier as you said. I wonder if the new bills will be harder to counterfeit. I think we would need to be careful in the early states.

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well the article does say that it is the hardest to counterfeit to date.. but criminals are ingenious.. luckily they have that counterfeit guy on their team.. the guy from "Catch me if you can" He's a great guy to have on our team :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Im a coin collector, and I know when coinage changes styles, the older 'models' raise in value. So these two changes in like 5 years from old 20s to new 20s to newer 20s will not only boost the value of the old 20s but the middle new values alot, due to the rareness of them... So as it may be a while before i get usta it, it will spark $ in about 20 years or so :)
As for the blind.. I liked the idea of the dollar coin.. it was pretty cool.

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Many other countries have dollar coins.. two dollar coins also.. and I tell you.. when I was over in those countries.. ugh! Talk about a pocket full of coins! My pants were falling down! After being there and doing that.. I like my dollar bills :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Take a look at the new $20 bill, click on "interactive bill"

It also shows the security features

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Kewl thanks! Great link!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.