Itunes or other sources - Audiobooks

Reaction score
I have recently switched to a Mac and was wondering if Itunes music store is a better place to purchase audio books or another source? My whole life I have used alternate ways of purchasing my music, audio books, and other sources. It is really hard to change to a whole new way of doing things. What is the best way to switch to itunes, without losing my process of organization I already have? Macs are really amazing, but I am losing productivity since I switched from a PC, because of all the new hotkeys, mouses, and scrollbars that are all new to me. How long does it take to adjust?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
For free books check this thread - scroll on down to post # 4.

e-music is ok, if you like abridged versions instead of unabridged. Seems that's most of what they carry.

As an example: one of the best of 2008 on most lists: The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo is 7 1/2 hours e-music abridged version or 16+ hours unabridged. The abridged versions are, of course, cheaper.

iTunes is too expensive for books. The best place I've found for unabridged versions and current books is Audible.com. As a non-member their price usually beats iTunes by 10-20%, though not always. I am a member in their 2 books per month plan and pay a flat rate $9.56 for books that range from $25 - $50 at iTunes. Many of their books are provided in both abridged and unabridged versions. Audible also plays well with iTunes, iPods and iPhones. As a lover of audio books, it is some of the best money I've spent over the last couple of years.

Just an example using the previously noted book - iTunes abridged 17.95, unabridged 29.95; Audible member price is $24.50 or as part of one of one of their member plans, could be as low as $9.56 or up to $12.46.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.