Windows is Large in Parallels

Reaction score
Hi,
I am running Parallels 4.0 with XP Pro SP3 on a MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz and Leopard with 4GB Ram, all are fully updated versions.

Therein lies the problem, Parallels recently updated automatically and I now find that Windows is occupying close to 30GB of disc space after I installed Parallels Tools as I was required to do with the update.

Can't get a response from Parallels having tried a number of times over the past week. I have been through all settings and all seems sweet although I find that now I can't change any settings for memory or disc space.

Parallels was running okay prior to this update. Hence my extreme frustration when I now find that there is little or no disc space to run applications.

I have Boot camp set up with a 31.9GB partition and 32GB for the expanding disc space in Leopard which I used before I installed Parallels. Both partitions are running Windows, although the Boot Camp version is SP2 and will not accept SP3 saying there is not enough memory.

Has anyone out there had a similar problem? If so, did you find a way out of it.
Cheers
Wardie_42 :Confused:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.