Can't stop the pop-up msg

Reaction score
Hi,

the other week I tried to set up my phone to act as a Bluetooth modem for when I travel after reading somewhere it could be done through Nokia iSync. The set up was simple - however unfortunately my cellphone service provider wouldn't allow the connection.

Now, whenever I try to access my network settings through System Preferences I get a pop-up message saying:

"Your Network preferences have been reset by another application."

and when I press OK... the message pops up again... and so on until I force quit System Preferences. I have unpaired the mobile phone and uninstalled the Nokia software but still get the message.

Help!

many thanks :'(

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you uninstalled the Nokia software simply by dragging it to the trash - suggest re-installing it if it was a .pkg and then use it's uninstaller.

If that doesn't work, here's another that was initially used for the same problem, but caused by an Apple update that should work. This one will require you to re-enter your network info, so write it down if you haven't got it saved.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.