Mac Capture Card

Reaction score
Hello there. I've been looking into getting an HD capture card that would work on my Intel iMac. I found this one: Blackmagic Design: Intensity but it appears as though it wouldn't work with an iMac. Am I wrong? Also, does anyone know of any other HD capture cards that would work on an iMac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
you can't add cards to an imac. if you want to add something to your mac and are a serious editor you might want to look into the aja io hd.. its an external solution, but can be quite pricey. I don't know what you plan to do or what your budget is though.

OP
D
Reaction score
you can't add cards to an imac. if you want to add something to your mac and are a serious editor you might want to look into the aja io hd.. its an external solution, but can be quite pricey. I don't know what you plan to do or what your budget is though.

The most I can spend on a new capture card is a couple hundred. I used to have a Dazzle, but it wasn't very good and busted before it was a year old. As for what I plan to do, I work for Machinima.com. I need a good capture card to record footage from an Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.

Reaction score
the hauppauge hd pvr is native to the pc but if you have Elgato's eyetv software you can use it on a mac. there's also some third party software out there for it on the mac

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.