Garageband query (probably impossible!)

Reaction score
Hi There,

Just wondering, I have finally managed to work out how to import a track from a cd into a garageband song, however, now that I have the song in garageband, can I split the track in to it's component parts i.e. can I isolate the vocal? Basically what I want is to end up with a backing track. If not possible in garageband is there a piece of software that will do it?

Many thanks in advance.

Learner :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 Macbook White
Dont know about garageband but I am pretty sure what your asking isnt really pheasable due to the frequencies of the different parts of the track being the same. You could try a Parametric Equaliser or a Q filter to pull some parts out, I use Adobe Audition (Used to be Cool Edit Pro) to play with Audio but havent yet found anything taht will do what you need...

Andi

Reaction score
This would be awesome if there is such a program. I have some songs in Japanese that would be really sick to pull off full blown guitar solos if the vocals weren't there. Please let us both know. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" White MacBook 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo 2GB Ram GMA X3100
It might be possible, but I don't think something like that is available in a user friendly interface right now. Something like that is really complex to actually pull off.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.