Cannot connect Iphone 3G to Wireless Router

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently purchased an Iphone 3G and have been attempting fruitlessly to connect it to my Billion wireless router. It has WEP security enabled however when i input the correct password into the iphone, it still sais 'cannot connect to wireless network'.

I then attempted to dissable the WEP security all together to see if that was the issue, still no success. I have 'MAC filtering' dissabled, although i have attempted to 'Allow' access to the MAC address of my Iphone.

The firewall is disabled on the router also.

I appologise in advance if there is already a thread relative to this issue, i had a brief look but could not find it. I also appologise for the lack of details of the router settings, i figure there is too much info to post all of it so just tell me what u need and ill post the details... Im very unfamiliar with MAC

FYI: I currently can connect several windows laptops and desktops to the router without issue, have never before tried with any MAC based system

Thanks kindly for your help

Tim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Don't take this wrong but in settings do you have wi-fi turned on. Also do you have ask to join network turned on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
make sure somewhere in your settings your router will allow shared addresses. or disconnect your computer and just use the iphone as the only device connecting to the router. you may have an IP Address issue.

OP
T
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the replies.

osxx: Thats ok, WiFi is on as is 'Ask to Join Networks'

maz94protege: Im not sure where to find 'shared addresses', however i dont think its an IP conflict as i have the router set to auto assign IP's and i am able to connect several Windows computers at the one time.

I suspect it may have something to do with maybe a MAC address assignment or something.
again, im not too sure what im talking about when it comes to MAC however the WiFi address of the iPhone is 00:23:DF:68:86:B7
the AP MAC address on the router is 00:04:ED:42:64:df

could this have something to do with it?

thanks again for all your help

Tim

OP
T
Reaction score
sorry, that was meant to be 00:23: DF:68:86:B7 for the iphone address... stupid smiley face!

Reaction score
You're confusing MAC Address with Macintosh

Hi, you're confusing MAC (Media Access Control) Address with Macintosh (The Operating System as we all know).

So, back to the iPhone, mine (2g) has been acting really really weirdly ever since that fateful call I made to upgrade it to 2.2.1 from 1.1.4 which was jailbroken and unlocked with ziphone. I can't really help but just wanted to clarify the MAC dilemma for ya.

Reaction score
once when I installed the options show icons for networked uPnP devices on my pc, my iphone stopped connecting to the Wifi

Reaction score
Change the WEP security to the type below 128bit and 64bit, the one that only requires a 5 character password.

Worked for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.