BT mouse

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.2gHz g4, 12 inch, 60 gig, 768RAM, bluetooth, ATI radeon 9200, macally bluetooth mouse, JBL speaker
hi. i bought the macally bluetooth mouse a couple weeks ago. it works great. but why doesnt it or the battery life show up under BLUETOOTH in system preferences? does the mouse need to be made by apple for this to work? not a huge deal, but would be kinda nice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
I had the same thing happened to me, kinda. I bought a BT500 bluetooth mouse from Radtech.us about 3 months ago and it never would show up in the bluetooth preference pane for signal strength or battery meter, However, I broke that one by hitting it off the roof of my car as I was putting stuff in my car and it simply broke. I ordered a new one, a silver one this time (last one was the blue one) but this one shows up fine in the Bluetooth preference pane for both battery meter and signal strength.

I couldn't figure out what I did differently, if anything to make it suddenly appear. If you do figure it out please post back as it was a mystery to me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.