Windows Vista Ultimate or XP PRO SP3?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel® Core™2 Duo mobile processor 2.4GHz; 4GB DDR3 SDRAM; DL DVD±RW/CD-RW drive; 250GB hard drive
Heya,
As much as I hate to ask this stupid question here it goes. I currently purchased a new Macbook 2.4 ghz 4 gig of ram, 250 gb hd from Best Buy due to my Sony VAIO SZ breaking. I was utterly sick of Windows Vista Home edition on my Alienware desktop, I get blue screens of death nonstop, I've reformatted an ungodly amount of times and was just so happy to be done with it. I have every program working perfectly on my new Macbook! Office 2008 for Mac, MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, iTunes, Firefox, my iPod and iPhone, 2009 Britannica Encyclopedia, my 2009 Medical software, WoW, the only darn thing that doesn't run - Dark Age of Camelot. Now before you judge I've played this game for years and it's utterly impossible to stop yet and it's only for Windows so I have a few options I guess. I can eBay a copy of Windows XP Pro with SP3 for around 135ish bucks or even get one from Newegg, or I can go to my College Bookstore use my ID and pick up Vista Ultimate (full edition) with SP1 for 99.99! What are your thoughts and I'd really like to hear them. My Sony VAIO SZ ran DAoC perfectly and almost exploded when I tried to run WoW, the Macbook actually runs WoW pretty darn good for intergrated graphics, nothing like my desktop but what do you expect... DAoC is a 8+ year old game so I expect it to run well, but don't want to bog the system down when that's all I'm going to be using it for you know? Thanks for the advice all! Love the Macbook and love the community!

David

Reaction score
I run windows XP on my Mac due to some software that I need to run, which is not Mac compatible yet. I have repeatedly heard negative things about Vista and chose not to take the risk. In my opinion, XP is more stable and gets the job done. I only use XP to do the few tasks that I can't on my Mac OS. So far, I have not had any problems.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel® Core™2 Duo mobile processor 2.4GHz; 4GB DDR3 SDRAM; DL DVD±RW/CD-RW drive; 250GB hard drive
See I hear the same things. I mean my $4,000 gaming rig designed for Windows Vista crashes so much! My Sony VAIO SZ (4 lb 13 inch, 4 gig ram, 100 gb hd, integrated graphics card) ran Vista Business and didn't crash as much as the Home Edition but still - Vista is the reason I purchased a MAC, lost 2 years of my schoolwork not backed up and I really had high intentions on keeping everything for future reference and to look back on. That's in the past though, I think I'll purchase Vista Ultimate and eBay it paying for not only the cost of Vista but for XP as well! Mwahahah! Ack that was evil. ;) I figure heck XP has always been stable when I needed it on my old laptop, no problems ever really so might as well go with the one that will take up less HD space and be more reliable in the end! Thanks for the advice!!!

David

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.