Drum Machine Beat editing?

Reaction score
I just got a mac and my friend is about to buy a drum machine, and we were thinking about maybe teaming up and making some beats, i just dont know what software would be best for this? Im aware garage band would probably work, but any other suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66Ghz Penryn C2D iMac
I just got a mac and my friend is about to buy a drum machine, and we were thinking about maybe teaming up and making some beats, i just dont know what software would be best for this? Im aware garage band would probably work, but any other suggestions?

Start with Garageband!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook intel
definitely start with garageband and get a handle on the way midi is programmed. it's a great primer for that and can a long, long way with very little effort.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 Intel Core Duo Mac Mini; 4g RAM; 350g HD, OS 10.6.3
i use iDrum. super easy to use, runs as a stand alone app as well as an AU inside g-band. comes with a ton of pre-made beats that you can then tweak. you can also record your own samples as wav's or aiff's and sequence them that way. really fun.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM
It depends what you want to do tbh, because if you want to make full on songs then I would suggest Ableton Live or Reason. But if you just want to make drum loops then a simpler program would be best.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2GHz, White 80GB iPod 5th Generation
Try Reason 4, that's pretty good.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.