Itunes Dupliactes

Reaction score
Hey, I just got like 10000 songs imported from a friend to itunes and about half of them are duplicates, I wanted to know if there is anyway to get automator to delete this duplicates or some 3rd party app that does it automatically????:Shouting:

Reaction score
This function already is in iTunes. If you will look under the view menu, you will see a duplicates option.

OP
A
Reaction score
yeah i know, how to see them, but is there an app that deletes them for me?

Reaction score
What would be the easiest way to find these duplicates throughout your finder. I'm pretty sure I deleted all of them through itunes but I know there still on my computer somewhere, I can't find them though and I wouldn't want to delete the one I kept in itunes creating the exclamation point to appear when I try to play it. Please help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mackbook 2.16gHz, 2gb, 120 HD. iPhone 3g 16gb.
there may not be dups on your hd....just in itunes, if there's a playlist file in the same folder with the mp3's your importing(such as an album in a folder) it will add the files twice, once for each file and again from the p-list file

Reaction score
Thanks I'll give it a shot. Any other advice how to go through everything to make space on your hard drive? I feel like I shouldn't have as little as I have left.

Reaction score
here's an idea, spend less time on mac-forums and start deleting. you fit the stereotype of a lazy american..... "oh no! i have too many of the same song on my computer! HOW WILL I SURVIVE!!!!! get a bigger hd.

Reaction score
here's an idea, spend less time on mac-forums and start deleting. you fit the stereotype of a lazy american..... "oh no! i have too many of the same song on my computer! HOW WILL I SURVIVE!!!!! get a bigger hd.

He/She's not lazy, they are just looking for the faster way. We like things fast.

Reaction score
ok. after you you go -file- -show duplicates-, you get a list of all your duplicates. hold the command key and start clicking on the ones you want to delete. (this highlights the one's you click on) Next, right click on one of them (or control +click) and go to delete. this is the fastest way to do this.... and it is much faster then deleting songs one at a time.

Reaction score
No kidding. I did that but I've had to do it a good 5 times because my hard drive has been erased quite a bit. ****, and I also feel that there is other spyware or junk on this laptop cuz I feel like I should have more available ram than I currently do.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score

i don't neg rep people very often, but that was predjudiced and rude.

not cool. not helpful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody Macbook Pro 2.8GHZ 4GB, Powerbook G4, etc.
I've heard great things about Dupin.

It costs $10 - $15, but it's definitely worth saving hours and hours of your time holding down the command key and clicking your life away.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.