Help me connect macbook to television

Reaction score
I want to connect my macbook to my television. I'm using the dynex mini dvi-to-video adapter and a composite connector for video and an rca to stereo for audio.

I can get the macbook to acknowledge that it's connected to a display, but what I see on my television is useless. It's all black and white (mostly black) and I can see a mosaic of my desktop. It looks like you're trying to pick up a channel that doesn't come in.

Changing the display settings varies how bad it looks, but it never comes close to looking good. Television is a flat screen (not lcd) Phillips with a 4:3 aspect ratio if that matters.

Audio works fine.

Any help?

Reaction score
same problem

I have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM! Have you figured it out yet? Someone please help!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I still haven't figured it out. Let me know if you come up with anything.

You're probably never going to get a decent picture on your Phillips TV. Since it's an older CRT type rather than LCD there really is no way to achieve good resolution and quality. I suspect your TV is not compatible with regard to the sweep signal that's being provided by your MacBook and that's why you see the mosaic looking picture.

Large external LCD monitors are not expensive and provide a good quality picture when hooked to the MacBook. I use a Samsung 22" display attached to my MacBook via DVI to DVI and the picture quality (resolution and color) is great.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.