NewsFire 0.62/0.61

M

meltbanana314

Does anybody know where I can find an older version of NewsFire (preferably 0.62 or 0.61) that doesn't have the nagging registration screen?

I tried both Versiontracker and MacUpdate, but only 1.0 is available for download.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Any specific reason you want Newsfire? NetNewsWire and Pulp Fiction both have free versions that are superior. Not to mention the developer of Newsfire is a pyscho who doesn't respond well to constructive feedback.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I use netnewswire, I lovve it. I have spoken to and often still do talk to people from ranchero software. I guess it depends on who you talk to or who you know.
theres a free version of netnewswire? I have the pro/paid for version.

OP
M

meltbanana314

schweb said:
Any specific reason you want Newsfire? NetNewsWire and Pulp Fiction both have free versions that are superior. Not to mention the developer of Newsfire is a pyscho who doesn't respond well to constructive feedback.

Superior is completely subjective. I like the interface of NewsFire better. I'm using NetNewsWire Lite at the moment, which I feel neutral about but I totally dislike the look of PulpFiction Lite.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Superior is not subjective. Both NetNewsWire and Pulp Fiction have a more mature and bug free RSS and ATOM rendering engine. That alone makes them better. Not to mention that they have polite and responsive devs unlike the Newsfire dev.

For the cost of Newsfire you could pretty much buy the full versions of either of the other pieces of software that are more mature, stable, and full featured. Not to mention, I doubt Porfiry will continue with Newsfire after his next inevitable drama fit when someone says something negative about it. Notice his support forums have been down for months, mainly because he couldn't deal with the feedback ;)

OP
M

meltbanana314

Found an older copy of NewsFire off a small FTP site in Australia, and it prompted me to go download (and buy) version 1.0. I give up. NetNewsWire Lite is better...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.