Upgrading HD with a Windows Partition

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, Acer second display 1TB Iomega HD, iPad 32GB wifi, iphone 4, sprint overdrive
I want to change out my current MB HD to a 320GB 7200 drive. I tried this once already(last night). I used SuperDuper to copy the HD volume to the new drive.

Then, I tried to get the windows portion working again. Boot Camp would not allow me to partition the new drive.

My current drive has a 10GB partition to run Parallels4.

So, what I want to do is get the new drive to have the same set up. Did I incorrectly formatting the new drive during the copy process?

I have now switched back to the original HD till I figure it out.

Thank You for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
What error did bootcamp give?

OP
jg24
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, Acer second display 1TB Iomega HD, iPad 32GB wifi, iphone 4, sprint overdrive
"This disk CANNOT be partitioned." Then click OK. Boot Camp would go no further than that.

"The disk cannot be partitioned because some files cannot be moved.

Back up the disk and use Disk Utility to format it as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume. Restore your information to the disk and try using Boot Camp Assistant again."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.