Windows 7 and Uni-MBP wont boot after Bootcamp install?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
Well windows 7 64-bit worked just fine on my old penryn MBP with 4GB ram.

I can make it through installing windows 7 64bit just fine on the new unibody with 2GB of ram. When I reboot from installing the bootcamp drivers on the unibody OSX CDs, once I input my password, it freezes.

Ive tried installing twice now. The only small thing I can think of is that since I only have 2GB of ram, maybe its messing it up once the drivers install?

No clue, any ideas? I am unable to install Bootcamp 2.1 until after the reboot, at which point I cannot log in to do.

OP
kgeier82
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
update:

its got to be some sort of driver issue with the new unibody CD. Ive installed windows 7 64 bit, 32 bit, and now Vista64, and all do the same freeze once I try to log in after initially installing Bootcamp from OSX Dvd

?

OP
kgeier82
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
seems if i installed the drivers from laptopvideo2go.com PRIOR to restart, it works fine.

Culprit: 9600 drivers on bootcamp 2.0

I found some info on people having problems with these, but none of them were able to install 100% successfully like i was.

Just wanted to post this incase some of you have the issue with future MBPs.

EDIT: it seems bootcamp doesnt load with Win7, nor does it install the SM Bus driver & coprocessor. Think ill just go back to V64.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.