Graphics Tablet Advice

Reaction score
Thinking about getting a tablet for the first time. Would like some advice from those with some experience. I am by no means an advanced user of the photoshop family, but I do have more than the average user knowledge of PS. I am just now trying to learn Illustrator. Been using Inkscape up until I was able to get CS4. I am just a personal user, who may do a little here and there for friends/family.

So from searching I know that Wacom is the brand to go with. My question is this. Bamboo, Intuos, or Graphire? I am leaning towards the Graphire, because the bluetooth capability of it is really appealing to me. I don't sense a big difference between the Bamboo and the Graphire, am i wrong? But the Intuos has the increased sensitivity and more programmable buttons, but is significantly more for the same amount of real estate.

For a first time, personal use, tablet owner...which should I go with. Will I notice that big of a difference between the Graphire and Intuos?

Thanks for any input!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Whatever you go with, set a budget and get the best you can from that

in the past ebay had been a very good source for Wacom tablets and you can save a few bucks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.