Boot Camp Error No Valid CD Rom Drive! :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz MacBook Aluminum/ 16GB IPod Touch :D
Hey everyone. I installed XP SP2 with parallels and didn't care for it much and I want to install XP with Boot Camp. I have made a 32GB Partition and when I am ready to install windows my computer re boots and then displays this in the XP installer.

"Device driver not found: MSC001
No Valid CDROM device drivers selected
Not enough XMS."

Any ideas on how to fix this? It says it need drivers but I though those were supposed to be downloaded after Windows is installed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Dylan

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Actually, the drivers needed for running XP are already included with your original install Leopard DVD, they don't have to be downloaded. The error message you posted is a new one to me. The CD drive should be recognized and used without an additional driver.

About the only suggestion I can give you is to boot back to OS X, use the Boot Camp assistant to restore the drive to OS X. Then start over.

You're using the new aluminum MacBook so there will be different drivers required for video but those are included on your install Leopard disk.

Let us know.

Regards.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz MacBook Aluminum/ 16GB IPod Touch :D
Thanks for the input, Yeah I have tired restarting it many times. Still get the same error. Any one else have any suggestions that might work?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.