• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Nanotechnology

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13.3" 2.4 Ghz Stock
Ya know I see alot about the possibilities for nanotechnology but I have yet to really see anything happening with it.....what are peoples thoughts on Nanotechnology?

This "what if" video for the Nokia Morph is great but still its just a what if YouTube - Nokia Morph Concept (long)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
we all like gadgets and sci-fi :)

so far nanotechnology is used in mechanical physics, the best example is carbon fiber nanotubes, superconduction ..., and, i think even modern processors can be considered nanotechnology ... there's just too much to see under the meaning of "nanotechnology"

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
agreed with scathe.

while some applications are beginning to be explored, it will be a long, long way off before we see anything even remotely like you'd see in sci-fi movies.
for that, you're likely to see more happen with purposefully engineered bacteria.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
agreed with scathe.

while some applications are beginning to be explored, it will be a long, long way off before we see anything even remotely like you'd see in sci-fi movies.
for that, you're likely to see more happen with purposefully engineered bacteria.

We already do. Genetically engineered bacteria that produces insulin.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" eMac 1.42 GHz G4, Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger"
I think nanotechnology is used in some skin creams now. I'm not sure to what degree though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.