digital photo frame and Mac

Reaction score
Hi guys. Again, I'm looking to jump into the Mac world but another question has come up before my wife and I make the move. We have a digital photo frame and we use a compact flash card to store the photos for viewing on the digital photo frame. Can anyone tell me if it makes any difference if I load the pictures onto the compact flash card from a windows machine or a Mac?

I would assume that as long as I keep them in a readable format (JPEG), it should be fine but can someone confirm? I ask because I was reading through some posts and someone asked a questions similar but not exactly so I just want to confirm. Thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
You are right, a picture in this case a JPEG is a JPEG regardless if you are using a Mac or a PC (Windows).

However there is no built in compact flash card reader in any of the Apple laptops, so you have to get the images over to the card some other way I assume.

If the card is formatted as FAT32 it is also readable and writeable with the Mac.

Hope this helps? :)

OP
H
Reaction score
You are right, a picture in this case a JPEG is a JPEG regardless if you are using a Mac or a PC (Windows).

However there is no built in compact flash card reader in any of the Apple laptops, so you have to get the images over to the card some other way I assume.

If the card is formatted as FAT32 it is also readable and writeable with the Mac.

Hope this helps? :)

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that it mattered if it was formatted in FAT32 or not. Luckily when I double checked my card last night, it was in that format.

What happens if it isn't? Will I just have compatibilities issues? If I need to re-format would that mean that I would have to re-load all of the pictures on the card?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.