Moblie web sites shown NOT normal site.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I ran into this problem. I was trying to get to a restaurant web site to look at its nutritional guide. It is Buffalo Wild Wings. When I type it into Safari on the iPhone it switches and takes me to the mobile site. www.m.buffalowildwings.com. I have tried everything and looked in th esettings to try and correct this. I thought the iPhone was suppose to be the phone to the "whole" web. I thought that was the whole thing that you would get the full web site and not the mobile site. I have noticed this on a couple of other sites also.

Any Ideas??

Thanks,

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
The iPhone doesn't switch, the site itself is set up to recognize the device that is being connected to it and the web site sends out the mobile site. Many sites, will have a link on their main page that will allow you to change to the main website (as Amazon does) so that you can browse the mobile or regular site.

So, there are no settings that you can change on the iPhone. The settings are at the server and the way the webmaster has set up the site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Contact the website and let them know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.