iPhone Mute Slide Switch Broken

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro & iPhone 3G
I had the weirdest problem that I could think of today: The silver slide switch on the side of my iPhone (3g) fell off as i switched it. Has anyone at all had a similar problem? Any chance it's covered by AppleCare?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
Not yet (never I hope) but it should definitely be covered as you're still within the 1 year warranty. Hopefully your phone doesn't show any significant signs of abuse, they *could* try and use that against you if you do. Take it to the Apple Store and they should take care of you.

Reaction score
Apple should take care of you!

i had the same problem..i just took the phone by itself along with the simcard inside it to my local apple store...and they gave me a brand new phone.. (not sure if it was refurbished or not) they just swapped it out right there on the spot...i had to make an appointment with the genius bar first tho..good luck!

kny

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" i5 2.66GHz 8GB
Same as Jeremy. I had it happen, and the Apple Store replaced with a brand new unit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, Acer second display 1TB Iomega HD, iPad 32GB wifi, iphone 4, sprint overdrive
I had it happen. I just glued it back on. No issues since.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2008 MacBook pro 2.4 ghz/ iMac 2008 2.66 ghz/ iPhone 3G
hmm... i had my 3g fall into the toile and i had to pay because it was physical damage and be 4 that the same thing happened but wen i dropped mine in the toilet i got a new phone they will probably replace it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, iMac G3, 3 iPods, iPhone 3G
hmm... i had my 3g fall into the toile and i had to pay because it was physical damage and be 4 that the same thing happened but wen i dropped mine in the toilet i got a new phone they will probably replace it

How come all your phones are falling into your toilet??!

Did just the little silver part fall off or did the whole switch break? I wonder if this a common thing, faulty part?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.