Removin a Windows Partition

Reaction score
Well I recently installed Windows onto a second partition but I have now decided I would like that partition back as free space. I don't have my Windows cd anymore so booting up with that and reformatting isn't an option.

Is there anyway I can force a format of the partition without reformatting my whole drive?

I tried to go through Disk Utility but windows has disabled all the permissions so it is considered non-writable.

I also tried to force a reformat by installing OS X onto the partition, but it returned a failed install.

I'm running a Macbook Pro Intel Core Duo and I have the OS X Tiger 10.4 Install disc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
Download a software called killdisk, but make sure you are on the right partition when you erase it. Then use disk utility to merge them together again. Maybe some one else will have a better idea of partition software for mac, since all the one's I'm thinking of are windows only.

OP
N
Reaction score
Well it turns out trying to install Mac OS X onto the partition worked, just not the way I thought it would, it reformatted the partition but didn't install the os so I guess I'm good to go, thanks for your help anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You could have just ran the Boot Camp Assistant and told it to revert the system back to its original settings. And before you say you wouldn't be able to because Boot Camp had expired on your system, simply changing the date back to a time before it expired would have gotten the job done.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.