Output on 1080p TV

Reaction score
Ok, have a late 2008 MBP (base model). I am trying to connect it to my 42" 1080p Bravia (via miniDP -> DVI -> HDMI). Everything displays fine on the TV at 1080p resolution except the image seems to run off the display at the top, bottom and sides (ie. cannot see the top menu line, the bottom of the dock is slightly cut off, etc.).

I also run WinXP SP3 via Bootcamp and it displays perfectly on the TV.

Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sawtooth G4 and PB G4 w/FW800
Make sure the TV is set to the right picture mode (Screen Settings: Wide mode = "Full" and Display area = "Full pixel").

I've done it using my TV (a Sony, KDL-52W3000). I use the mini-Displayport to a DVI to HDMI cable. It worked with no issues at all, plug and play.

I did notice that the max resolution was 1080i, I expected 1080p. It turns out that if you go to the Display control panel and select "show display menu in menu bar" you can actually select 1080p from that point (and it looks better).

Scott

OP
D
Reaction score
Scott,

A million thank yous! The Display Area = "Full Pixel" did the trick (it was on Normal before).

Make sure the TV is set to the right picture mode (Screen Settings: Wide mode = "Full" and Display area = "Full pixel").

I've done it using my TV (a Sony, KDL-52W3000). I use the mini-Displayport to a DVI to HDMI cable. It worked with no issues at all, plug and play.

I did notice that the max resolution was 1080i, I expected 1080p. It turns out that if you go to the Display control panel and select "show display menu in menu bar" you can actually select 1080p from that point (and it looks better).

Scott

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.