Garageband - anyone else with this problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.8GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD, OS 10.5 Leopard
I added drums using apple loops, then used an FW1814 to record acoustic guitar and vocals via a mic. So far so good; :) then I added effects to the vocals. Finally, I clicked on the drums track to remove some of the drums from the beginning. Garageband then hung. :Grimmace: I then went in again some twenty times - same problem every time. :Angry: This is disappointing as I wanted to record a track in GB; follow it through into iMovie with a video, then finally burn it in iDVD.

I have tried saving the file as something else, but no joy.

Anyone have any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.5Ghz, 768Mb RAM, 80gb hard drive-imac G4-ipod touch 32Gb 3g-Macbook 2.4ghz, 2BG RAM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Does the same happen if you record the the guitar and vocals first and then add the drums after?

OP
Kierano
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.8GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD, OS 10.5 Leopard
Interesing question. I can try this scenario, although in theory it shouldn't really matter. It would mean recording in time to the click track (rather than the drums) which is far from ideal. After extensive googling and searching of the GB FAQs, I haven't been able to find anyone else with the same problem, so suspect it's my setup, as I would think the drums would be the first thing that most people put in first.

Smithers, release the hounds!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.