.ogg to mp3

G

gabe90

Can someone here please recommend a program to convert ogg files to mp3. I've only found one or 2 and it seems that there are lots of problems with them, like MusicMan.

Any advice?

OP
G

gabe90

Looks cool, but I don't think it will let me convert files at all, will it? I want to convert japanese lessons that I have in ogg format and take them with me to study on the train. So being able to play on my computer is useful, but I'd really like to have them in mp3...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
if you have quicktime pro, I think theres a codec that allows playback of ogg files, if you get that, in qt pro, you can export to mp3.or try musicman

Reaction score
gabe90 said:
Looks cool, but I don't think it will let me convert files at all, will it? I want to convert japanese lessons that I have in ogg format and take them with me to study on the train. So being able to play on my computer is useful, but I'd really like to have them in mp3...

There is a small program that will convert .ogg to mp3. It costs $10 and has an impressive list of formats...don't be fooled by the list, most of them don't work... it's a work in progress, but the mp3 to ogg or ogg to mp3 does work... you can find this program, SoundConverter, at:

http://www.dekorte.com/software/osx/SoundConverter/

What program do you use on your laptop? Itunes will do both ogg and mp3 all you have to do is install some codec files for ogg, real simple...that way you wouldn't have to buy anything.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
tp://www.illadvised.com/~jordy/QTOggVorbis.dmg (outdated link removed)

That is a link to the OGG PlugIn for iTunes/Quicktime. Follow the instructions and iTunes will play OGG files. You can then use iTunes to convert to MP3 or anything else that iTunes will handle.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.