Airport with External HD

Reaction score
Hello,

I just bought a Mac Airport Extreme (802.11n) to use with 2 Vista PC laptops and so far i'm very impressed how easy everything was to setup. However, I came to an issue when trying to hook up my 160gb Seagate Free Agent GO to it. It blinks amber and says "Disk Needs Repair" or something like that.

I tried to do some research, and it seems maybe the format is wrong on the drive? Airport doesn't accept NTFS??? I'm currently in the process of formating the drive as EXFAT (It's been formating for the past couple hours and is half way done as I write this post). Will this fix the problem? I do not have an option to format it as FAT32.

What are my other options to get this HD working so my GF and I can start loading our files onto the drive wirelessly?

OP
A
Reaction score
Well it just got done formatting, and it still doesnt work...comes up with "Disk needs repair" still....

any ideas???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sawtooth G4 and PB G4 w/FW800
What file system did you use when reformatting?

Is the disk powered by the USB port? If so, maybe the Airport doesn't supply enough power.

Maybe plug it in via a powered hub?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.