• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

dragonball "evolution" live action movie

Reaction score
*skip to the "bottom line" if u dont wanna read all this

if there are any fans of the dragonball series, you probably already know about the live action movie that fox is going to make. you probably have also heard of the thousand other hoaxes and whatnot saying a movie was going to be made, this is not fake, fox is going to make a live action movie of dragonball and it is going to be a travesty.

what i'm asking is that you sign this online petition (not hard, doesn't take long) to stop this movie from being released. us who have already signed seriously doubt that we will get enough signatures to do that, but maybe we will be able to make some kind of difference in the "lets try and make money by destroying this franchise" world.

Bottom Line:
if u hate dragonball z, why not try n stop its live action "counterpart" from being released.
if u love dragonball z, u have every reason to try n stop this mockery of a film from being released
if u r somewhere in the middle, do it for the sake of the art form, whether it be animes or films, nobody wants money to be wasted on making bad movies that could be good

heres the petitin (Dragon Ball Live Action Movie Protest! Petition) and the numerous reasons why you should sign it (YouTube - kame789's Channel)

YouTube - Dragon Ball Live Action
YouTube - Dragonball (2009) TRAILER HQ

i dont post here often, in fact i signed up for to resolve one lonely problem (which was never resolved). i also dont have a mac anymore, lettin my brother hold onto it, so this is comin to u from a pc. but dont hate, lets be honest, all computers should be better than what they are.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
I don't think any petition is gonna stop the movie from being made, in all seriousness.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
A movie huh? Either it's going to have to be a trilogy (Lord of the Ring uncut length trilogy) to get through a single fight or it'll have to be a week long movie to get through one story!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Mac Pro: 2.66 Ghz, 2GB RAM, 23" HD Cenima Display
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The new Macbook, 13", 2.4Ghz, 250GB, 2GB RAM
Ohohoh I saw this on IMDB and I just laughed. My cousin on the other hand, who's an avid fan of Dragonball, had many things to tell me, much of it were criticisms lol.

OP
secor
Reaction score
I don't think any petition is gonna stop the movie from being made, in all seriousness.
yea but like fleurya said its gonna be a trilogy (or implied that it has to be). we're not really tryin to stop the first one from comin out, we're tryin to stop any sequels from bein made. the movies also in post production so it would take a miracle to stop it from bein released. the thing is that theyve deviated so much from the original story that a dbz fan that saw a trailer with the actual dragonballs and characters names omitted would have no clue what it was. this is just a *****-out

edit: really? i cant say
w
h
o
re
???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Just in case anyone didn't understand, I was ripping on how insanely long and drawn out the fight scene in Dragonabll are. Seriously, it can take anywhere from 5 to 30 episodes for a single fight!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Just in case anyone didn't understand, I was ripping on how insanely long and drawn out the fight scene in Dragonabll are. Seriously, it can take anywhere from 5 to 30 episodes for a single fight!!

lol so true. I still enjoyed the Cell and Buu sagas though. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
really i love DBZ i have seen just about every episode from beginning to end.. but come on.. you cant make everything live action...lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
TiBook - 800MHz/1gb/30gb/combo/500gb external
really i love DBZ i have seen just about every episode from beginning to end.. but come on.. you cant make everything live action...lol

but have you seen every episode and movie of db, dbz, AND dbgt from end to end?

not saying i have, but i do happen to have...every...single...one of them

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.