Messenger / Cam

Reaction score
Hi

I just got a MacBook (white) a few months ago and got the Microsoft messenger downloaded. I was wondering because the laptop has a built in camera can this be used as a webcam for messenger??

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
I would think so. I haven't tried it yet, but when you go into the Camera settings, does it show up or turn on the iSight?

OP
R
Reaction score
Has any1 tried this yet?? there is no indication to the other users on my msn that i have a webcam?

If someone knows if this works or is using the iSight camera as their webcam on msn i would appreciate your info on this

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 MB, 2.1GHz 4GB RAM, 10.5.8
Ccan't comment on windows messenger, but I've been using aMsn on my white macbook, and the webcam feature with the isight is brilliant.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac / 3gb ram
msn messenger for mac does not have video chat functionality.. go for aMSN instead.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
newsbreak......MSN Messenger is shortly to release a new version for Mac with Webcam and voice , at last!

OP
R
Reaction score
Kool... thats good to hear! Is the aMSN anygood? isit the same as the normal 1? i want to use it to see and speak to family members but they havnt got apple laptops... will it still work even tho they havnt got these?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.