dj software or audio editor?

Reaction score
i've been getting kinda frustrated here trying to find the right software. i'm not doing anything too fancy: mixing tracks, cutting parts of the track out, and adding sound clips.
i started with audacity and had no problem learning it. where i think it falls short is when i've got more than a dozen tracks to mix. i end up shifting the tracks with the mouse so much i think i'm getting carpel tunnel. and also if i make a change at the end, i have to re-shift everything all over again.
i've now downloaded a trial of traktor dj, and after like 12 hours, i'm still figuring out what all the controls do. this differs from audacity in the way that i can't visually line up the waveforms before i test the playback. it seems like you have to 'play it live'. and thats going to get tough without the external sound card.
i tried traktor because it was the only decent demo i could find. my question is should someone like me be using a dj style software, or maybe another editor like audacity? i realize i may be slightly dj retarded at the moment, and i don't want to waste my time with the wrong stuff. i'm tired of reading manuals and just want to play around with my music. traktor has a tutorial dvd that leaves me some hope so i won't spend the next 3 months learning the buttons..... or will this just help the super advanced users?
should i get this video or try another software?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM
Try Ableton Live 7!

Code:
http://www.ableton.com/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.