imac 24 screen

Reaction score
hi all i have imac 24 inch. its got broken screen could i possible connect it to my tv threw the mini dvi to vga or will it display the broken screen ??

Reaction score
The cracked screen will show up on your TV as a cracked screen as well. If used too long this way, your TV could actually shatter. :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13"/2.0Ghz/4GB/80GB/White Macbook
The cracked screen will show up on your TV as a cracked screen as well. If used too long this way, you TV could actually shatter. :Smirk:

haha i thought you were serious at first.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
hi all i have imac 24 inch. its got broken screen could i possible connect it to my tv threw the mini dvi to vga or will it display the broken screen ??

Yes, you can hook your TV set up to your iMac. Choose "mirror" mode from display preferences. And no, it WILL NOT display a broken screen!

You might think about replacing that broken screen. Replacing a screen on an iMac is not a job that you may want to do yourself but if you're handy and very careful, you can DIY and save the labor expense. Read through the following thread posted on another Mac forum:

iMac screen "replace" - Mac Forums

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
The cracked screen will show up on your TV as a cracked screen as well. If used too long this way, your TV could actually shatter. :Smirk:

OK. I have to admit that was hilarious.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.