Help: Airport Connectivity Issues

Reaction score
I am a Verizon customer. I have FIOS Internet/Phone/Cable. The cable comes into the house and stops at Verizon's Actiontec Router which is also supposed to provide wireless connectivity throughout our house. That Actiontec router has NEVER worked with my iBook with Airport Extreme. We tried everything Verizon had suggested in terms of settings and even tried a 2nd Actiontec they sent me. That didn't work either. Verizon was stumped and finally one of their techs suggested that I use my old Belkin router as a primary source for the Internet connection and bypass the Actiontec router. That worked for 6-7 months. Now I'm losing connectivity all the time. I notified Belkin and they sent me another router. That had the same effect. I went out and bought a Linksys WRT54GS after reviewing some discussions in forums. When I hooked that up it didn't work either. I called Linksys and they told me that router could not work as a primary station hooking into the Actiontec.

So now I'm dead in the water. I'd even pay extra for the Apple Extreme Base Station if I though that would solve the problem but I'm not sure even that will work in the set-up I have.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.