No LAN adaptor after Windows install.

Reaction score
Hey Mac guys.

Ive installed windows xp sp 3 via bootcamp on my new macbook alu.
Everything went fine except the LAN network card (cable) was not installed.

Its strange, because the Wireless network card works fine. Everything else is also installed (keyboard backlight, dual fingers on the pad, sound, gfx etc.)

-----------------------
Ive used the bootcamp drivers (ver 2.0) on the Leopard install disk, ive also downloaded bootcamp drivers (2.1) from support.apple.com

I can only find 2 bluetooth devices and the "Broadcom 802.11 networkadaptor" in the devicemanager under "network adaptors"

I have one uninstalled device "SM Bus Contoller". (without driver)

I also tried to boot the bootcamp partition inside Vmware fusion to see how Vmware handles two operative systems sharing the same NIC. Vmware just uses the connection fra OSX and creates a fake "windows vmware connection". Therefore it worked like a charm with vmware.
-----------------------

I cant get the bloody normal network card to work in winxp (and since the only reason that I installed windows on my mac was to play games, its kinda essential that networking via cable works.

Any suggestions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.