Installed Windows on Mac / Keyboard Won't Work

Reaction score
I'm having a serious problem with my Macbook Intel Core Duo. I have recently installed Windows XP on a seperate partition successfully have instead of using the disks, I had the exact drivers that I needed. So I used those and they worked successfully except when I went into Device Manager and Updated my Keyboard driver to the Mac Keyboard and restarted, my keyboard would no longer work. I am currently on my second computer because the keyboard won't work through the boot screen or when it loads up. So therefore I cannot select between partitions. Windows seems to be the Primary partition that booting up aswell so I cannot do anything within Mac OSX. I am really stumped at this point, I was thinking if I go out and buy a USB keyboard and try that it might over-ride the default integrated macbook keyboard so I can fix this issue.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Wayne Miles

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Let the machine boot into Windows XP. Go into Device Manager, select the keyboard, right click, select properties, driver, select ROLL BACK to PREVIOUS driver. You should be back in business if everything else is OK.

Why didn't you just use the drivers on your Leopard disk? My Mac aluminum keyboard works fine in Windows XP with the driver from the Leopard disk.

Seems like you made a lot of unnecessary work for yourself.

Regards.

OP
W
Reaction score
I moved, so my Leopard disk is actually accross Canada... unfortunatly. But I had failed to mention one thing, I gave my Windows XP a security login so I can type anything in to access it.

Sorry about that. Your previous information is really useful one I get past this step.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You're really making it hard man... ;D OK, I understand. About the only other thing I can suggest is buy an inexpensive USB keyboard. Any kind will do OK, but make sure it's USB not PS2. I've seen cheap keyboards at Best Buy and Office Depot for less than $20. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

OP
W
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply, I went to Futureshop and got one for just over 20 bucks and it works perfect. Thank you so much for helping me with my problem :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.