Ram upgrade

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.2gHz g4, 12 inch, 60 gig, 768RAM, bluetooth, ATI radeon 9200, macally bluetooth mouse, JBL speaker
what is the difference between the DDR PC2100 and the DDR PC2700? there only a little price difference.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.2gHz g4, 12 inch, 60 gig, 768RAM, bluetooth, ATI radeon 9200, macally bluetooth mouse, JBL speaker
i was just lookin for ram for my new ibook.

M

meltbanana314

From Apple:
IMPORTANT: Use PC2100 DDR266 SO-DIMM for 133Mhz system bus iBook. You should purchase DDR-SDRAM SO-DIMMs that have been tested and approved for your system. If you don't purchase memory directly from Apple, be sure to check with the third-party manufacturer to verify compatibility before purchase.

Reaction score
From what I've found with researching memory for my Mac is that you just have to buy high quality RAM. They use the same memory as PCs, but their systems set the memory to a default settings, where as PCs can adjust their memory settings to accept a wide variety of RAM. If you were to purchase PC2700 memory, it would just downclock itself to run at PC2100 speeds. If there is no price difference, I would buy the PC2700.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.