Microsoft Word network check problem

R

Reejoc

Hi,

I have a copy of Microsoft Office for Mac OS X (2003) which I use on my desktop (OS X 10.2). However, whenever I try and run Word on my powerbook at the same time, it checks the network and if it finds another copy of word open, it will refuse to run. This is becoming incredibly annoying.

Since I'm not breaking the license agreement by using the same copy of Office on my home laptop and desktop, is there a way to disable this network check, short of turning off the airport whenever I want to use Word?

Thanks

OP
V

vuschejan

Reejoc said:
Hi,

I have a copy of Microsoft Office for Mac OS X (2003) which I use on my desktop (OS X 10.2). However, whenever I try and run Word on my powerbook at the same time, it checks the network and if it finds another copy of word open, it will refuse to run. This is becoming incredibly annoying.

Since I'm not breaking the license agreement by using the same copy of Office on my home laptop and desktop, is there a way to disable this network check, short of turning off the airport whenever I want to use Word?

Thanks

Even though it is the same copy, Microsoft believes that each licsense is for one computer and one computer alone, therefor unless you have the copy that gives you three licenses there isnt anything you can do about it...

OP
R

Reejoc

vuschejan said:
Even though it is the same copy, Microsoft believes that each licsense is for one computer and one computer alone, therefor unless you have the copy that gives you three licenses there isnt anything you can do about it...
For home use you can have office installed on a desktop and laptop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.