LC575 with OS 8.1

Reaction score
I can't for the life of me remember how to get this thing on the internet. I plugged the ethernet cable into my router and selected the TCP/IP control panel to fill it in. I chose Ethernet and DHCP Server but the light on the router does not light up, it doesn't seem to recognize the LC575. Am I trying to hook up an old machine to a new type router? The iMac has no trouble...of course.

Reaction score
Make shure Apple talk is on. And set up the remote access control panel. Theres and ethernet control panel where you select serial (printer port)or ethernet. Good luck. You should upgrade to 8.6.The improvment in networking
from 8.1 to 8.6 will help alot.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have an LC pretty much like yours. I will check later and see what I can find out. Might be a bad Ethernet port but let me get back to you. Are you sure the Cat-5 cable is good?

Reaction score
Connect the modem to an ethernet hub and then the mac to the hub. Its like a laser printer want work connected direct to a mac,Apple talk needs a hub.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.