Daisy chaining question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I currently have a 500GB Lacie d2 Quadra hooked up to my MBP. I'm planning on bringing this current one to school with me soon, and getting another one for home, either a 750Gb or 1TB, i can't decide. When i'm at school, the older 500GB Lacie will be my backup there, then when i come home on the weekends, the bigger, newer one will be available. On breaks, i'm planning on daisy chaining them via F800. Which brings me to my question. How exactly does daisy chaining work? Does the computer see 2 drives, or do they both add together to create on drive? Because i have about 400GBs of data on my current one that i would be transferring over to the newer one. And also, what do you guys think, 750 GBs or 1 TB for the new one? It's about a $50 difference between the 2 from where i'm getting it from.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I have 3 Lacie external hard drives, one Lacie Burner and my Sony Camcorder all daisy chained together. It's awesome. The computer sees them all separately. How does it work? I think it just passes through one another. So you can copy from one to another or whatever you want to do.

OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
Oh sweet, that's perfect then. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.