setting up dlink adsl password help

Reaction score
need some quick help here as my home internet is currently down and im at work for only a couple of more hours.

i have recently downgraded my home internet to save some money.
i was with Demon home office 8000 and went dow to Demon home 8000

this has meant a user name and passwrd change due to it being a different adsl service.

but it has been soooooooooo long since i set up my account i cannot rememer how to put the new settings into my d link adsl modem.

my home set up is

G4 powerbook running on OSX 10.4.???
airport wireless network
connected to an ADSL D link modem

please help!!!!!

im begging as Demon numb nuts wont have a clue i know it

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which D-Link router do you have? Usually, the generic userid and password for D-Link is "admin" and "user". But if you made any changes to them in the original setup, obviously those won't work. If you did make changes and can't remember the userid and password, do this:

On the back of most D-Link routers there is a small re-set access hole. You can use a straightened out paper clip to insert in the hole and hold it down for around 10 to 15 seconds. Doing that will reset everything in the router to factory default.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.