I did it! Now about Windows...

Reaction score
I just finished installing 4GB of RAM in my Macbook, up from 1GB. This is probably the most technologically savvy thing I have ever accomplished in my whole life (even though it was SO easy), so I am kinda proud of myself. ;D

I have installed VMWare Fusion and now I need to get Windows. I think I am leaning towards XP, since the word on the street about Vista is all bad news. Should I just Amazon this to find the best price? I am going to be using my virtual machine to run nursing programs, ebooks, and PDA stuff for grad school. Does it matter if I get XP for Home Use or XP Professional?

Thanks for the tips!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook: 2.4 ghz dual core 4gb Ram 250gb Hdd
for thos uses no, home will be fine. The differences between home and pro revolve around business centric tasks and use in large netoworks, so when sharing files in home you get a share or not share kind of option, in Pro you get to play arround with permissions for who can access what and things like that.

Good Luck

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.