Connecting to iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)
Hey, everybody. I am visiting my cousin's this weekend, and he has an iMac. I was wondering if there was a way for me to connect my Macbook (previous gen) to his iMac and burn a DVD. Is this possible? I'm going on Saturday so any help by then is greatly appreciated.

OP
Forum Shark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)
Bump. Would I be able to make an iDVD project and e-mail it to the computer? I am even looking for a way to burn a DVD on their computer. Please help. I'm leaving tomorrow at noon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
aluminum MacBook: 2.4GHZ Core 2 Duo, 3GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce 9400M, 250 GB HDD (32GB for Vista)
The files will be too large to email, so you'll need to store them on a USB stick, external hard drive, or create a free Windows Live account to store up to 5GB on the SkyDrive online. You might need to recreate the iDVD project to some extent just to tell the project where the video files are. Depending on how advanced the project is, it might be worth it just to recreate the project on the other computer. This might be a better option because if you're using different versions of iDVD, which is quite likely. iLife '08 has many compatibility issues, and other versions do as well. You're best off getting the video files to yourself somehow and recreating the project for DVD using their computer for iDVD. If the methods of file transferring I listed above don't work, connect the 2 computers with an Ethernet cable and you can find the information on direct file transferring online. Hope that helps!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
The files will be too large to email, so you'll need to store them on a USB stick, external hard drive, or create a free Windows Live account to store up to 5GB on the SkyDrive online. You might need to recreate the iDVD project to some extent just to tell the project where the video files are. Depending on how advanced the project is, it might be worth it just to recreate the project on the other computer. This might be a better option because if you're using different versions of iDVD, which is quite likely. iLife '08 has many compatibility issues, and other versions do as well. You're best off getting the video files to yourself somehow and recreating the project for DVD using their computer for iDVD. If the methods of file transferring I listed above don't work, connect the 2 computers with an Ethernet cable and you can find the information on direct file transferring online. Hope that helps!

A Standard CAT5 Ethernet cable will not work. It needs to be a crossover cable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.