internet issues with windows XP on my Mac

Reaction score
hi, so i've been trying to figure out why my internet isn't showing up or why it isn't running for about a week now, asking everybody i know who knows something about windows, i read a bulletin about a problem similar to this and the solution was it was windows xp 64 bit that was doing it, i did the same thing, and so i reinstalled windows xp professional on it, and i still don't have internet access. My question being how do i get internet on my windows xp professional, because its not showing up.
-doesn't work with cord plugged in
-cannot get wireless to work either,

please if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated
Sincerely,
Nicholas Posse

Reaction score
Assuming you have 32-bit XP Pro, then (1) make sure you have the current version of BootCamp, and (2) you may want to be sure you have the latest drivers installed from your Leopard disc. If all that's the same, while I have not had this issue, others have found that disabling the security protocols on your network will allow Windows to engage, and then you can re-enable subsequently. Also, you'll need to go through all the windows settings for the network.

Please search the forum as this topic is discussed very frequently on the forum.

Cheers

OP
N
Reaction score
Assuming you have 32-bit XP Pro, then (1) make sure you have the current version of BootCamp, and (2) you may want to be sure you have the latest drivers installed from your Leopard disc. If all that's the same, while I have not had this issue, others have found that disabling the security protocols on your network will allow Windows to engage, and then you can re-enable subsequently. Also, you'll need to go through all the windows settings for the network.

Please search the forum as this topic is discussed very frequently on the forum.

Cheers

it says on the disk Microsoft Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2, it doesn't say anywhere that its 32-Bit like my other CD that has x64 edition on it. if thats the right cd. i updated everything and still no go do you mean the security protocols being firewall because thats the only security thing that was enabled and i disabled and still didnt work.. what are the security protocals?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 in. BMB, 2.16GHz Intel Duo, GMA950, 1GB RAM, 150GB HDD, Mac OS X 10.5.4
I'm not completely sure, but I think SammySlim means the security on your actual network, and the IP address. This way you can allow any computer to use it, and your PC will probably automatically connect. Then you can re-enable the security so that others can't use it, but you still can.

I'm not an expert with this kind of thing, but I'm pretty sure this is what Sammy means.

Reaction score
It is what I meant. For example, if you have a home wireless network, you may have security enabled on it so that the neighbors can't get on. Disable that and it should connect. If that doesn't work and you have Boot Camp 2.1 I don't have any more bright ideas.

Cheers

OP
N
Reaction score
It is what I meant. For example, if you have a home wireless network, you may have security enabled on it so that the neighbors can't get on. Disable that and it should connect. If that doesn't work and you have Boot Camp 2.1 I don't have any more bright ideas.

Cheers

ok so i have boot camp 2.0. do i have to repartition it under version 2.1 or can i update it, i downloaded the 2.1 update and its only on XP so i tried to install on xp and it wouldn't work... :( what should i do now? to get 2.1 on and have xp running? is there a download for 2.1 on mac b/c i couldnt find one

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.